The Shingles Collage
Are you seeing this? This is the progression of my shingles. They have finally scabbed over and I am not seeing a whole lot of scar tissue as of yet. Thank goodness for that since you can see how many times my stomach has seen the sun. I was joking about starting to run in just a sports bra so I could change that whiteness, but my friend pointed out that a sunburn on top of shingles probably wasn't the brightest idea. Even though they are healing well, they still hurt. Stupid nerve pain! I have also returned to work. Holy cow, remind me not to take that much time off again. My first night back was...well it was interesting and I felt rusty. What's a girl to do?
So I have taken up running again. I ran in high school and in 2007 I started to train for a half marathon (notice the word started...that's key). Well folks I am attempting again! I get up at 6:30 am and I run. That's my schedule. Intense huh? Truthfully I am up to running 3 miles without dying in the end. WAHOO! Course you know work always adds new obstacles. On those mornings I am going to just try and run as soon as I get home. Last time I worked I was so tired that I slept for a few hours and then just went running in the heat. It's all good, I love heat, and that is about to become an extinct member of society. A memory if you will. Anyway, that's all i got for ya. Feel free to encourage me to continue.
2 comments:
Wait a minute...you like the heat? What was all the complaining about the heat when you were down here then? You defied winter in high school (or tried...it was kind of funny watching you freeze...hehehe good times) you complained about the heat here, and now you are running in it? Crazy Sue...crazy. Anyway, glad to hear the shingles are starting to go away, and that work is...interesting! ;)
Good luck with running. You have always been more motivated in that area than I have...Brady tried to get me to do the Swiss Days 10k. Needless to say, it didn't happen. Good luck and I promise I vacinated my kids for chicken pox, just because I had it and survived it doesn't mean that they should too.
Post a Comment