Monday, August 31, 2009

A Lack of Lemonade Stands




Don't worry, I haven't blogged since May...I think that's a pretty good record for me. I mean, for a while there I was writting quite regularly and then i just quit cold turkey. How many of you can do the same?





So I live in Lehi in a beautiful house. Mind you, it's not my house, but I have found that its a surprisingly large amount of effort to keep a house in order even when it's not yours. I gotta start having kids so I can get them to start cleaning up after me! (Ironic, no?) PS can i just mention right now that I am listening to Evita. We watched it last night and all of the sudden I am obsessed with a few of the songs. Welcome to 1996. I'm only what 13 years behind the rest of the world. Impressive. Now that was a tangent, but enough with being tangential (that's probably my most favorite word in the world by the way. My AP English Teacher, Ms. Sutherland, taught it to us when she had my entire group of friends together in a the same class. We have loved it ever since.)





So the other day I was determined to mow the lawn and yet without the slightest desire to actually start mowing. So I sat on the porch and stared at my lawn and all it's three feet glory for 45 minutes wondering why I had to mow it. Mind you, I like yard work but I really don't like our electric lawn mower. Why were they invented? Please let me know! And if you pull some crap out like protecting the ozone i'm going to buy some aerosol hairspray just to spite you. Anyway, while I am pondering my delema I started thinking about what life was like when I was young. You know, we use mow lawns for money. And when that didn't work there was many a summer when we had a lemonade stand at my dad's shop. One year we even picked apples off our tree and sold them on the corner. What has happened to America? Where were those kids when I needed a cold drink and a shorter lawn!? Not in my neighborhood that's for sure. In the end I mowed the front lawn and then gave up for a while. I'm almost starting to feel guilty and i'm going to have to mow the back yard today. So anyone reading this who is good with lemons and electricity...I got ten bucks with your name on it!

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Yup. It's official. I miss your face.

Tarah said...

Where in the world are you? Have you fallen off the face of the earth? Don't give me the "I've been busy" excuse (because I know it's true, and what kind of an excuse is that anyway? Not nearly clever enough for you). Apparently they don't make lemonade stands anymore...but on my corner street they sell homemade cinnamon rolls...yum.

Lindsay said...

ELECTRIC lawn mower? Oh my. Don't even get me started.