Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Change... the one constant
Well friends, we meet again. Shocking I know. But it's 12:42 am and I have a busy day tomorrow of meeting my preceptor and doing homework all planned out. So what else could I be doing with this valuable time? Oh yeah, sleeping! Well, I'm sure I will get to that also. However, tonight while I was brushing my teeth and washing my face I was thinking about how many changes are going on in my life. Now, I am still in college. I have really embraced President Hinckley's encouragement to get as much education as possible. He certainly never gave a time limit. So here I am...almost 8 years out of high school and still working on a bachelor's degree. But that is not the point I was trying to make. I am starting my final semester of school and I find there are a lot of changes taking place in my life. Odd timing, isn't it. I mean, don't you expect these sort of thoughts to come at the end of a semester? Lemmy explain. Some of my closest friends graduated last month. Most of them are getting ready to start new jobs. With these changes i have come to the sad conclusion...that they don't have as much time to spend with me. I think I went almost a whole month without seeing someone I term one of my best friends. That's hard for people like me who thrive on being with people. My best friend moved to Thailand! Friends that are still with me are doing clinical rotations in SLC. This semester I spend most of my time with one nurse trying to really learn how to be a nurse. If you don't think that is nerve racking I suggest you try being on the other side of the call light. People around me have their jobs threatened by the economy. They are starting to look for out of state jobs. It just seems so strange how fast things can change. Enough rambling here is the point. I dispise change. But since I can't beat it this time, I decided to join it. Tonight...I became a brunette!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like the brunette. You should be a nurse down here in Dallas... I'm just saying. I miss the adventures of 'Sue & Erin'. You look good as the Brunette.
That's hot! and I love your guts and am so excited for you only having one semester left and I can't believe it's been 2 years since we met that fateful day, and and and...and I love you! Good luck with everything and KIT (that means keep in touch in nerdy computer language)
ok. I'm done.
You will always be a redhead to me.
Post a Comment