By popular request, meaning I got one comment about how I never post anything on my blog, I decided on this Sabbath evening to write a tid bit about my life. Lets talk about the most important things first. I won a game of humor. Yes my friends, for all those of you who don't think I am funny, myself included, you can put those doubts away because without people knowing who submitted what comment, I won 4 of 10 rounds, putting me in first place and being awarded with a cloth flower. Now, if that is not talent i don't know what is. The second most important thing in my life would be the fact that I scored a goal in a real soccer game. And this was not just any soccer game. This is BYU Intramural Soccer Tournament game. Now, who is impressed? I personally am because I don't know how to play soccer, and all of the laughter i get on the side line while I am trying to play validates what I just said. And you might ask yourself, well, who's laughing now? Oh they were. You see, i may not appear to be a threat, and I might have been unguarded, and when i got the ball I may or may not have taken my own sweet time to stop the ball, switch feet, and nail that baby into the net...but the fact is a goal is a goal. And yes they were and are still laughing about that. Better to be laughing about how I made a goal than how I missed an unguarded goal, am I right? Yes, yes I am. Third thing, I am on a flag football team. No, no touchdowns, interceptions, or even receptions for this girl, but you know what, my name is on that roster! With that in mind, I would just like to say we are in round 3 of tournament. Fourth thing, there is no spell check on this blog so don't mock my spelling. Oh wait i just found it.
Well, I feel like I have just bragged about my life, but really it's just because I live what you call an unbalanced life. The only thing that keeps me sane during nursing school are these small achievements. Fact: I spend an average of 60 hours a week in the nursing learning center (NLC). Fact: I spend 14 hours in clinical a week. Fact: I am a nerd. Fact: I need a life. As for nursing, i love it. It eats away at my life and gives me ulcers, but I love that. I love that i can assess someone, that I am learning to interpret lab values, that my friends are going through it with me, and that I will be done in April. Right now I am loving trauma. I applied to do my last internship like semester (called capstone) in the ICU. We'll see if I actually end up there, but that's what I want to do. Course I change my mind every semester about what I want to do with my life, but that's what a blog is for, to keep everyone updated.
7 comments:
And updated we are. I feel that I know you better.
Emily Sue! I miss you! I think you should come down here to Texas and date all the attractive men down here that don't look like NASA employees ;)
Yeah for an update!! Whoo hoo! Sounds like you're busy but doing great. It was great to hear from you! Hopefully you can take a break to go on a date...
Am I ever impressed, not only are you doing athletic type things, but making goals too. I am so proud.
p.s. when everything is in Spanish, I hope this comes out right...mostly cause I can't understand any of it.
oh sue dear...I still love your freakin guts and miss you tons!
Sooooo... on your blog, who IS the beauty in the pick striped shirt?
Vou deixar o meu comentario em portugues....NAO espanol (risos...) Fico muito contente que blogaste (i.e. escreveu um novo 'post'). Continua, se faz favor. E acredito foste o mais engracada...nao ha muita gente que podem dizer coisas como "Are you sure they're not pushing you down?"
good times.
Post a Comment