Monday, February 9, 2009

My Bed

Okay, lets just start this little entry by flat out admitting that I don't get it. And when I say it, I am referring to blogging. I mean, who in their right mind, stumbles across an entry titled My Bed and thinks hey yeah, I'll read that. You're reading it, explain that to me! At the same time, who writes about their bed? And truely, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? Anyway, as you may have noticed, this is a picture of my grow-up bed. Why do I say that? Well, I am still attending BYU and I have a poster of mater on my wall, so it's obviously not for any "other" reasons! I just thought I would let you all join me in this exciting part of my lift. See for the past 6 years I have slept with a Harry Potter bedspread. (Don't worry, he's still on my bed, just being saved for a warmer season when he'll pop his head out and see if he sees his shadow). For Christmas Fran gave me this wonderful downy comforter and then these wonderful angels gave me the duvet cover. How grown-up is that? I used the word duvet. I didn't even know what a duvet was a month ago. Do you understand this important step in my life? I have a real comforter! I have two pillow cases that match! And on top of all that the pillow cases match the bedspread. And the whole decore is accented with a Teddy Ruxpin and a large fish pillow. This is a huge step toward real life, and the morph into Mr Hyde while retaining Dr. Jekyll. (Please refer to earlier entries if you don't understand and you are morbidly curious about this whole wierd situation). I'd like to dedicate this ridiculous entry, partly because I think it would be fun to start dedicating entries, to those who may never have seen this bedspread in action if it weren't for this blog.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Allow me to explain. #1- I have a fabulous blog list that tells me when you update your blog. #2- Who the heck WOULDN'T read a post about your bed?!

Just so you know- I'm totally in the adult world too! I also have a duvet cover for my blanket! Of course... my duvet cover IS Harry Potter...

Starla said...

Very cute... I was just thinking last night when you were over that I still haven't seen your bed!

Welcome to the adult world!

See Mack Snow said...

It's a good thing that fish is there. Otherwise I would have gone to Portugal looking for you or something. I hate that thing with a passion. Don't you dare take it off your bed. Ever.