Thursday, March 3, 2011
Mourning in Blue
I consider myself a big cougar fan. I wear their apparel, attend their games, and cheer for them as loud as possible. Yep, I am a cougar through and through. I can't lie, I have totally been caught up in Jimmer Mania. I love the kid, and I may also have a kindergarten crush on him. Heck, what single (and some married) woman wouldn't!?! I have never been so excited for my cougars as I have this basketball season. Third in the Nation, national and international fame for Jimmer, and a possible no. 1 seed. Everyone was talking final four for our little school. While I still a true blue cougar fan, I'm mourning for my cougars. No, we are not out of this season, but last night we got manhandled by UNM. We just weren't the same. I feel bad for Davies, and I feel really bad for my team. I don't know what adjustments will have to be made, or even if there is time to make them, but I'll tell you this one thing. When we decide to go to BYU, we go knowing full well we have to obey the honor code. We know exactly what the honor code entails. I don't care who mocks it calling us zoo animals, that is part of the school, and I love it! I'm proud to be alumni to a school who holds their morals high and holds their athletes to the same standard they hold the rest of the student body. So while I'm sad that we might not reach the lofty goals we had, I am proud of my school. And we rally again. We are BYU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is coming from a U fan (although I won't say die hard because I don't follow it and don't know player names...in fact I know more BYU players than U players...sad sad sad...) but I am very glad that the school is honoring the honor code (which I think is wonderful thing, p.s. by the way). I think a lot of schools would make "exceptions" and that's not cool. So, here, I'll say it "Go Cougs!" (and promise not to tell anyone that just came from my mouth.
HEy Em, I haven't seen or talked to you in forever. You're totally going to love Harry Potter world, Levi and I did. I thought you might like to know that car show is the last weekend in April. Or you can come visit anytime. We'd love to see you anytime.
Ahem...I would just like you to know that it is May 5 (happy cinco de mayo...or however it's spelled) which would mean that it has been two months since you have last blogged....and I'm waiting on a harry potter world update...or anything update..I'm not picky I promise ;)
Nice post!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/merk-teh-pelangsing-terbaik
Post a Comment